Sunday 10 November 2013

Unfailing Love

Wow, it is good to be back in my blog... It has been a struggle, and I felt the Lord just nudge me today, to get it going again... So here we go!

Pastor Norm shared this morning, in a very vulnerable and genuine sermon, spoken from his heart - however I don't feel like I need to go into that, as it wouldn't help or bless anyone reading that, however I do just want to recognise it, and honour his humility and vulnerability. I know I to often can hide & cover my wrongs, and it is great to be in a place where we can be honest with ourselves, and with those around us - that is what the Lord desires! But that is seperate discussion for a different day...

He spoke on the unfailing love we have been given by God, and ultimately the response-ability we have to be those who love in that way.

The point which really hit home for was, "Why so often do we measure success by what we have accomplished, versus how have we loved?". It brought me back to my hearts cry when I created this blog, which can be seen in the name of the blog, which was to be somebody who was to compelled by love. I can only love if I have been loved - as I can only give from what I have received. So the Lord has been, and continues to take me on a journey of his love, and through that I know that as he continues to extrangantly shower his love over me, I will be to freely love those around me. Loving not out of duty, but of joy and excitement, being so captivated and overwhelmed by what he has given, and desiring for all to share in that.

So dear reader, know that he loves you, passionately, without hinderance... YOU ARE GREATLY LOVED!





Lamentations 3 [The Message]

 19 I remember my affliction and my wandering,
   the bitterness and the gall.
20 I well remember them,
   and my soul is downcast within me.
21 Yet this I call to mind
   and therefore I have hope:
 22 Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed,
   for his compassions
never fail
23 They are new every morning;
   great is your faithfulness. 

24 I say to myself, “The LORD is my portion; 
   therefore I will wait for him.”
 25 The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him,
   to the one who seeks him;
26 it is good to wait quietly
   for the salvation of the LORD.
27 It is good for a man to bear the yoke
   while he is young.
 28 Let him sit alone in silence,
   for the LORD has laid it on him.
29 Let him bury his face in the dust—
   there may yet be hope.
30 Let him offer his cheek to one who would strike him,
   and let him be filled with disgrace.
 31 For no one is cast off
   by the Lord forever.
32 Though he brings grief, he will show compassion,
   
so great is his unfailing love
33 For he does not willingly bring affliction 
   or grief to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment