Tuesday 31 January 2012

Undivided Devotion

Reading from 1 Corinthians 7 where Paul speaks into issue of love and marriage and the pursuit of one another. In verse 29 he makes a challenging statement about men with wives living if they have none, those whose mourn as if they did not, those who buy something as if it were not theirs to keep... "for this world in its present form is passing away". I felt challenged about my approach to life, my perspective on things of this world. Not that I should live my life foolishly as though I was not married, and not that I can detach from my wife and not serve her and love her and lay my life down for her, but that ultimately in the context of God, he needs to be the primary focus as the physical things of this world are only momentary and then gone, but He is eternal. What is my focus, what has my heart, where does my treasure lie? Am I building up treasures on earth or in heaven?

No comments:

Post a Comment