Sunday 2 September 2012

Baptism... in the USA

So having recently moved to USA, my wife and I were able to attend a great church in New Haven Connecticut, which had an incredible level of passion for Jesus and heart for the community http://www.ourcitychurch.org/

On arrival we realised that day was actually going to be a baptism service - no initially I was like "oh no, I wanted to get more of a flavour of the church and what they are about"... however God has a different perspective. We actually ended up hearing what the church believes on a variety of topics during the preach (from things like healing, prayer, prophecy, outreach and so on).

However what really struck me was the fact that there was a baptism. As my wife and I move into this new season, I feel like God is calling me to drop off the old which hindered me, to cast all the things from my old life, which hindered my run with him, and to use this refreshing new season to let new things grow... So inherently I felt I was almost going through my own personal baptism in this season, a baptism into a new culture, but beyond that a baptism into a new life and season with Jesus... come on, so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment