Sunday 2 September 2012

Intimacy & Communication

So my wife and I were just spending some time together, and as our relationships grows, there are moments where I understand what she is thinking by simply a look she gives me or the way she speaks or whatever. I feel there is definitely a sense as you spend more time with somebody, specifically in a close and intimate setting where you really are able to understand them, that communication between you and that person can be simplified, and much better understood...

I felt God challenge me about my level of relational investment with him. I am so quick to get doing my life on my own, and then when I need God and callout to him, I cannot fully understand him. I need to invest that time with him, reading his word, reflecting on his love and goodness, worshipping, and then out of that he will be able to direct me in the daily challenges, in the moments when I need to hear his voice and direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment