Tuesday 13 November 2012

Preach 11-Nov : what mark?

So below are my notes from a sermon I attended this week. The focus was what impact does our lives have on this earth, and for me the essence of the challenge was what vision do I have - is it just for the next few years, or is it for the generations not even born yet. Am I investing into that which will release blessing and hope in generations to come?

Where is your focus?

========================================

Christ the King, Snohomish

- What mark will I leave in this earth?
- "Are we so heavenly minded that we are no earthly good?"
- Think of the next world, so that I remain effective in this.
- Living for ourselves leads to isolation.

Deuteronomy 34
1) You will be mourned, but not forever v7-8.
2) Devote yourself to a vision which will out live you v1-4. Failures and mistakes will limit what we accomplish in this life... [although God can redeem all things]
3) Invest in those who will come after you v9.

- Are we servers or consumers?

No comments:

Post a Comment