Sunday 19 February 2012

Faith and Deeds

So reading James before I head off to bed...
James 2: v14 : What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? v17 : In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

I guess I feel a couple of things about this teaching:
1) Massively challenge about substantiating my faith - for without deeds my faith is dead
2) However, encouraged that my faith, not my deeds, saves me... yes whilst my deeds show the substance of my faith, it is not my deeds that save me... It is my belief in Jesus who intercedes for me with the Father and who has restored me to the righteous.
3) Based on the belief that I have, how can I not show that? How can I not live differently knowing that a God knows me infinitely, my every weakness and darkest thought, yet loves me beyond understanding! How cannot that change the way I live, the way I think, I act?

Oh God would you release a fresh revelation on me, and on everyone who needs to know your heart. Would you move our hearts, so that we would be compelled to love those around us who do not know your perfect love. Compel us Lord, fill us Lord, for without You we cannot! Would You break off any misunderstanding that You need us for anything, oh God, You who are fully able and fully satisfied in Yourself. Yet You ask us to partner with You, in a relationship to see Your Kingdom come! Thank You for that God, thank You for that adventure of a life time, that we get to journey with You, the living God. That You desire to have a deep and intimate relationship with You, that we get to see Your Kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment