Tuesday 1 January 2013

Preach : 9-Dec

I loved the sermon Marcy shared about Christ's strength in our weakness... and why Paul writes that in his 'weakness', and with his spiritual union with Christ, who is fully sufficient, therefore he (Paul) is actually 'strong' (but again not strong by himself, but when partnered in mind, body and spirit with Christ). The final point I loved was that grace would always supercede any economy, including that of works and results.

Below are the key points I shot down if you would like to read...

Marcy Willis, Christ Church Kirkland
- In my weakness, God is sufficient and I am strong.
- 2 Corinthians 12:9-10
- His power is active and visible in my weakness.
- "How suffering sets you free".
- Works, protection, winning vs. Suffering, sacrifice, losing...
- Grace will always topple the economy of works and results.
- Colossians 3:4... focus on him not our lack... Run to him! New heart and mind.
- Galatians 2:20-21...
- Philipians 4 - live is to die, and die is to gain
- Romans 6:6-8
- 1 Corinthians 1:18

No comments:

Post a Comment